Wednesday, June 22, 2011

America, fuck yeah

Wow. My idea of fun sure has changed over the last few years. haha. Bars & boys & minimal clothing have been replaced with a husband, my son, cooking & crafting. I had company all weekend until yesterday (Jenine & Oliver stayed 2 extra days) and we spent most of the time making Michael's & Hobby Lobby runs & working on different projects! It was so much fun. I NEED JENINE TO MOVE CLOSER. It's not fair. I know it's only 2 hours but that's TOO. FAR.

I made my first yarn wreath this weekend!




Obviously for the 4th of July. I've never decorated for the 4th before but Maddox is 3 now and I want to decorate for every holiday! My mom was a holiday-decorating fiend when I was growing up.. actually she still is. I loved it!

Still not sure what we are doing for the 4th but wherever we are, I'm sure there will be a grill, a fire, smores & fireworks involved!
I'd also like to make one of these:









Red, white & blue aren't very pretty together imo.. but for one day of the year I can go all out with it. :D

2 comments:

Holiday Snob said...

Cute wreath! I made a "yarn wreath" with an embroidery hoop, not sure it had the same effect...

Thanks for stopping by our blog!!

Dot

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Bahhhhaah!! You are hilarious! Ya being a mom definitely changes things..i will still enjoy a few cocktails just not 10 like I used to ;)