Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baby Shower!

Last weekend I threw a baby shower for one of my best friends, Jenine!
It was the first 'event' I've ever actually thrown by myself! It was so so so much fun & I'm so happy & proud of how it turned out!

We didn't get a TON of pics because we were running around like crazy beforehand. Jenine came up early so she ended up helping me decorate... I know, I know.. it's terrible.. pregnant mama of honor at the baby shower helped decorate.. BUT she rules and she was totally down. :D Love her.

Some decoration / food details:

Pumpkin pie instead of a cake! Jenine's a big fan. :D

Pumpkin cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting... on the cupcake stand I made recently!


This was part of the setup for the Mini Fruit Pizza Bar. We also decided to add raspberries with white & dark chocolate chips to the setup. They were DELICIOUS!!!

Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, homemade pimento cheese & crackers + veggie tray (courtesy of Ursula ♥), chips & dip, turkey sandwiches, sweet tea & ice water with lemon slices.

Larger view. On the counter bar we had a grits bar (grits heating in the crock pot, butter, bacon crumbles, shredded cheddar cheese & shrimp), marinated mushrooms, mini fruit pizza bar.

Party favors = pink popcorn!!! (I will probably making popcorn in every color now! It was so easy!)

The beautiful expecting mother! She is due December 19th and I GET TO BE THERE FOR THE BIRTH!! I can't even explain how excited & honored I feel. ♥

Her sister sent a homemade crib sheet! It's so cute!

"this is my little black dress"

Our gift for the baby!

She teared up over my sister's card.

The outfit I picked out!

I can't wait to meet this child!!! I want to spoil her rotten with Hello Kitty things! haha ♥

1 comment:

Claire said...

Aww!
How exciting!
I love the popcorn bags! Such a cute idea and those rasperrys! drooool